- Usual Business Operations - onlinebrandambassadors.com operates in the business of advertising, design and cyber law compliance. We may request your consent to process your personal information in the context of direct marketing, including mailing lists, online shopping accounts, event or accommodation bookings, competitions, or as part of the online tools we manage, either on our own behalf or on behalf of our clients.
- Non-Identifiable Information - You may visit onlinebrandambassadors.com without providing any personal information. Like most website operators, onlinebrandambassadors.com collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. onlinebrandambassadors.com uses this information to determine use of the website, and to improve its content, services and products. onlinebrandambassadors.com assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may process such information without limitation. Our website uses Google Analytics, including its Demographics and Interest Reporting, to collect data about traffic to and on our website via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. To provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Private Correspondence - The content of e-mails sent by onlinebrandambassadors.com is never intended for public access – it may contain confidential information that is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of an e-mail sent by onlinebrandambassadors.com, do not forward or disseminate this e-mail. Please notify onlinebrandambassadors.com by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, and onlinebrandambassadors.com do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of its e-mails, or for content that was intended for private use and is published to the public without our express consent. onlinebrandambassadors.com have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in our e-mails and therefore accept no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of our e-mails or attachments.
- Processing Limitation and Purpose Specification - We only process personal information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose, and only insofar and for as long as this is necessary in the context of our usual business operations. This may include your name, gender, language, national identification number, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, personal preferences in relation to our usual business operations and private correspondence. We never process special personal information as defined in section 26 POPIA, and we never process personal information of children (<18).
- Further Processing - Sharing your identifiable personal information with third parties may be necessary as part of our usual business operations, but is only done within the confines of your consent and the specific purpose you consented to, unless the law necessitates us to. De-identified information may be shared for business analysis or research.
- Consent - We only process personal information as part of our usual business operations if consent has been given, signed and stored, in writing or electronically, and not withdrawn, directly by the person whose information is being processed. You only consent to processing personal information for a specified purpose. You may object to, or at any time withdraw your consent, accepting that this may affect the scope and quality of our services to you.
- Information Quality - We provide two ways for you to help us ensure that the personal information we process about you, is complete, accurate, not misleading and updated -
(i) Every general or automated e-mail you receive from us, contains a link to your personal account, where you can verifiy, edit or delete details.
(ii) You may request us, free of charge, to provide the records we keep with your personal information, and consequently request us to edit or delete information here
- Openness - We store your consent for us to process your personal information within the confines of the specified purpose in an online database. Whenever we ask you to consent to us processing your personal information -
(i) we ask you directly;
(ii) we make sure you are aware of who we are by stating our name and address clearly;
(iii) we specify the purpose of processing the information, and whether this information is voluntary or mandatory in the context of our usual business operations;
(iv) we explain what the conseqences are of your objection to or withdrawal of consent;
(v) we refer to the applicable legislation that allows us to process your information;
(vi) we indicate who gets access to this information;
(vii) we state how you can verify, edit or remove your personal information from our systems;
(viii) we state your right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, and its contact details.
- Security Safeguards - We adhere to industry standards and professional rules and regulations in our efforts to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. This includes:
(i) OFFICE : a master password to log in to office computers, staff training on confidentiality and privacy, anti-burglar facilities;
(ii) WEBSITE : MH5 encryption for all personal information that is stored in our online database(s), security software that scans our website for intrusions, malicious software or attacks, and regular website software updates.
Should there be reasonable grounds for believing that personal information has been accessed by an unauthorised person, we will notify the Information Regulator as soon as reasonably possible after the discovery of the compromise, and we will notify you by e-mail if your information is affected, unless this notification would compromise the investigation into the compromise.
- Data Subject Participation - Given you provide us with sufficient identification, you may request from us, free of charge -
(i) whether or not we store personal information about you;
(ii) the record(s) on our systems that hold your personal information;
(iii) to edit or remove you personal information from our systems;
- Direct Electronic Marketing - We only send out direct electronic marketing messages if and only if we have recorded your explicit consent to do so. We may contact you once to request consent. Every message contains a link to edit or delete your personal information.
- Business Transfers - In the unlikely event that onlinebrandambassadors.com goes out of business, enters bankruptcy or all of its assets were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of onlinebrandambassadors.com may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Should you have a request with regard to the way in which we process your personal information, you may contact our Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or lodge a complaint here